Even if your NES works today, it may not tomorrow.
This kit replaces all internal Capacitors with new modern QUALITY capacitors. These are not cheap knock-off caps.
Leaking & aging capacitors can lead to the following problems:
1) Low or No Audio or buzzing audio.
2) Low brightness on video output, colors out of spec.
3) Interference on screen, rolling bars on video etc.
- The kit includes all the radial mount aluminum electrolytic capacitors. Cap kits are made using name brand, high quality parts from Nichicon, Panasonic, and other reputable companies.
- NES Frontloaders: The fronloader has different cap list depending on the brand power module installed. This kit contains all parts necessary to replace the electrolytic capacitors in the Frontloading NES, and includes parts for the Mitsumi or Alps power module, whichever is present. (you will have extra caps leftover)
- This repair takes considerable soldering skills and knowledge. Please don’t attempt this repair without such skills. If you are not skilled with a soldering iron, please do not purchase this kit! I cannot be held responsible for any harm you do to yourself or to your game console.
- Optional TI 7805 Voltage Regulator can be included.