Colecovision Composite Video Upgrade Kit NTSC
is on back order
Released in August 1982 the ColecoVision offered near-arcade-quality graphics and gaming style along with the means to expand the system's basic hardware.
Why Upgrade the ColecoVision?
The console had very poor RF video quality. With this simple upgrade your sound and video will be much improved. This kit will work only with NTSC Colecovision systems. NOT PAL
- Optional hookup-wire & 3 RCA jacks.
- Simple to install. No components need to be removed from the Colecovision during installation.
- Kit with Gold Jacks
- Kit with Silver Jacks.
- Bare Kit without Jacks or Wire: Some customers prefer to use their own wire and jacks. This kit can be used in combination with this cable and single trrs 3.5mm jack method. (sorry no instructions available for TRRS wiring) Less holes need drilling in the consoles. Click here
Basic Tools You Will Need:
- Soldering Iron and Solder
- Wire Cutters/Strippers
- Drill with 1/4″ and 1/8″ bit
- Philips Screwdriver
NTSC Instructions can be viewed here. Installation requires basic soldering skills. Honestly the most difficult parts is drilling straight holes for the jacks. Only purchase this kit if you are familiar with installing diy kits & drilling holes in plastic.